Each month we’ll be highlighting a member of the Contemporary Club of Ho-Ho-Kus through a member profile here in the Blog section of our website. These posts allow us to learn more about the women who comprise our club, providing a snapshot of their interests, family and life. You may discover that you worked at the same company or that you love the same restaurant for date night. Or you may be stumped by the “Two Truths and a Lie” final question. Enjoy!
Our first member profile of the 2013-14 year is of Monica Ashley, Social Services Board Member.
1. What is/was your profession?
I worked for a private placement agent in NYC raising capital for real estate investment management firms. I consulted for them for a while after my first son was born but have since stopped.
2. What is your favorite part of being in the Contemporary Club? How long have you been in the club?
The Contemporary Club has proved to be a great way to meet other women in HHK. It provides a social outlet as well as great activities for the kids and a way to volunteer your time within the community. I’ve been a member of the club for 3 years.
3. Why do you like living in HHK?
I love the small town feel of HHK. I enjoy the ability to walk to town, school, restaurants, etc. HHK has a real sense of community and
I love that!
4. What is/are your favorite local restaurant(s) for dining:
a. with the kids – Cafe Amici with the kids – the boys love the food there!
b. for date night or girls night out – Ho-Ho-Kus Sushi, Janice’s, Cafe 37
5. What Fall activities do you and your family look forward to doing?
We love tractor rides and apple picking! We also have fun walking around the Wyckoff Environmental Center in the Fall.
6. Tell us Two Truths and a Lie about Yourself:
– My mom and I had the same 5th grade teacher at Ho-Ho-Kus School
– I speak fluent French
– I witnessed a plane crash
Filed in: Blog